wow, it took me a long time to get this blog up.
for that, i apologise. I have been busy ya know.... trying to open a gym, run my online business, be a fur baby mom and a good girlfriend OH and try to be an athlete.
SO YOU WANT TO BE INSTA-FAMOUS?
Sounds really stupid doesnt it?
but that's what seems everyone is thriving after.. to be known, to be heard, to be recognised....
but as you say those 3 things; known, heard, and recognised... its like, YEA okay but who doesnt want those things...
But what matters is your WHY. WHY do you want those things?
Thats what you need to figure out first.
WHO are you? HOW do you want to be seen? and WHAT to be want to be known for?
if your answer is " i want to Inspire people".... its like.. okay.. and?
that answer is very vague and quite frankly played out.
So I am not a know it all, i did not go to school for marketing, and I'm not very tech-savy. I just learned the short cut for cut and paste. --- TRUTH.
and my grammar SUCKS - so if that bothers you don't read my blogs, i don't have an editor. iM A COACH NOT EDGAR ALLAN POE.
anyways - instagram.
I've had my instagram deleted twice. once i couldn't get back and once i sweet angel sent from baby jesus himself helped me recover it.
SO here is what I DID to grow, and keep growing my instagram.
side note - this is for someone building a business and self promoting. This does not apply to everyone. if you have IG for just yourself and you aren't trying to build a following this is useless.
1. i found 3-4 pages that had big followings and that i felt "inspired" me - i felt a connection - I then started watching their post and captions and usually found a trend between all of them... & started applying that to my own IG.
2. FIGURE OUT YOUR WHYS ! figure out who you are, what your want to show and how you want the world to see you.
don't BE someone else. BE YOU. AUTHENTICITY IS SOMETHING PEOPLE CAN SEE MILESSSS AWAY. - being real will build you a LOYAL following ( BTW i hate the word following makes me think of a cult... but thats what it is... )
3. BE ACTIVE AF on ig ... not 1-2 post , I'm talking 4-5 post DAILY. --- YES daily.
if you think thats too much just give up now on IG.
4. make your post consistent. SHOW what you like and post about it, give ways for people to CONNECT WITH YOU! -- example. ME I bet you reading this right now can name 5 things i love right off the bat without EVER even meeting me. And for those that follow me can probably tell you 3 things I will post about in the next 2 days.... ( creepy... maybe, loyal YES do i love it? absolutely )
5. YOU WANT LOYAL FOLLOWERS, they will be your support system. RESPOND TO COMMENTS! ASK THEM QUESTIONS, GIVE THEM FUN FACTS AND INFORMATION THEY CAN use
6. DONT JUST POST ABOUT YOUR PET and yourself. POST things people can use on their daily life.... it can be anything. WHATever you are about - EDUCATE people on that.
7. ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKIN SELFIES - like yes one a day is cute ( kinda ) pending on what it is - snap selfies are fine - but ever gone to someones page and its 87.8% selfies in a mirror?..... do you EVER follow that person. no.. the answer is no.
8. dont post naked selfies with bible verses.
9. don't be salesman. and don't go on this damn rampage of how many companies you can get discount codes from.....
- HOLD YOURSELF AT A HIGH STANDARD. don't settle for any company that reaches out bc you think you need that. you don't. build your following and reach out to the company YOU WANT to be apart of... I had 100s of nutrition companies reach out to me before I picked to go with Gnarly. and I haven't ever left them... -- people want to see loyalty from you too. I will never leave that company... even if someone offered to pay me money for every post i made i wouldn't do it ( honestly ) and i make that known... I'm loyal to GOOD people. -- leads me to my next point
10. give people a reason to respect you. show them your heart, soul and passions. show your appreciation and humility. don't be a cocky prick.
11. Find your passion and run with it and let it show. --- show the world who the F. you are. and be so unapologetic about it.
12. use quality photos and banners. - spend money on apps that make good banners ( i love WORD SWAG ) and have a few photoshoots ( yes it cost money but you gotta spend it to make it ) - professional photos go a long way for a business page.
13. have a web page people can go to as well
14. don't be a negative nancy or a positive polly just be real. its not always sunshines and rainbows and no one needs to hear that everyday....